Thursday, May 24, 2012

Being an Elder

"Walk lightly toward the evening of your age, do not be in a hurry to reach the end of your path, but let your youth still glow in the shadows like a sunset that lingers on the horizon. Shine bright with wisdom, shine bright with faith. Let all of your experience count, the good and the bad, and all that drifted in-between the spaces of your life when you weren't looking. Use what you have learned. Let your breathing be for a purpose, a vision made from the leftover memory, the unorganized dream. Your age has meaning when given away to the games of children." ~ Steven Charleston, Episcopal Bishop, Choctaw
Bishop Charleston' words ring so very true. I am better now that I have heard them.  They help me make real the thoughts I am having and the actions I am taking. I know now that my prayer to enlighten others in their journey through life is being answered. I am blessed and renewed.
I.N.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment